Thursday, May 3, 2007

My designs


I took 2 weeks off from work December 2006 to early January. I came to school everyday and draped and sew the dresses. These are the end products.



















































































One night my professor was reviewing final designs and said.
"Lee... I am going to name you a 'seam queen'- look at your designs, you have thousands of seams... "

Well... then I thought. O.K. I don't know if I want to be a seam queen.
I am going to make seamless dress that looks like it has many seams.
It will look as if I have drafted a complicated pattern, but it will only use one piece of fabric.

Hmmm.. is it possible?

It was a fun assignment I gave to myself.

I began draping a jean dress. I finished it with one seam inthe back.
I then drape a red wool dress. I finished it with one seam in the back.
I then draped a gold dress out of upholsery fabric. I finished it wtih one seam in the back.
I then draped a red pleated cocktail dress. I finished it with one saem in the back.
...
Once I got started I could not stop so I took two weeks off from work and draped everyday.
Here are the results of the challenge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

quite a devotion. still lovin' the red one - i like randomness.

they're like expressions for those particular moments...

Anonymous said...

These dresses are wearable Art and are unique and exciting.
Each one is a surprise and makes the wearer stand out and be special!!

sculptedwave said...

Yes, definitely it was what I was feeling that night. The inspiration was rose garden.
Glad you liked it.

About Me

I love Fashion Design. I never felt about anything this strong in my whole life. When I am designing, looking for fabric, draping... those hours go by so quickly. I forget to eat, sleep, or do laundry(^^) when I am designing. I have been searching all my life for that special something that just makes me to forget everything and lets me be me. Fashion design allows me to do that. be myself.