Thursday, May 31, 2007

(AvantGarde)




































So here they are....

My favorite category--- avantgarde.

For this ... I can really let go of myself and totally be free...

The inspiration was "Antipope" -painting done in 1941- 1942.

I chose the knight on the far right as my inspiration. The color choice and the shape of the garments were drawn from this painting.

First I made the long coat using jeans and then I made one using wool.

I believe it is important to design the garment as a whole- it is important to design outside, but it also is important to show inside. It is important to design interesting front, but it also is equally important to consider the back.

Joyce Wu modeled for Jean coat Irene modeled for the wool coat.


They look just fantastic!!! My garments look so much more alive... Thank you....Thank you....

No comments:

About Me

I love Fashion Design. I never felt about anything this strong in my whole life. When I am designing, looking for fabric, draping... those hours go by so quickly. I forget to eat, sleep, or do laundry(^^) when I am designing. I have been searching all my life for that special something that just makes me to forget everything and lets me be me. Fashion design allows me to do that. be myself.